Re: About Redo

От Chris Ruprecht
Тема Re: About Redo
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
No. The WAL files do not contain data to redo everything which was
done to the database since day X. The WAL files contain data of
current active transactions. In case the transaction aborts, the
database will be returned to the stage it was in before the
transaction started (aka Before Imaging). The scenario you are
describing is sometimes called After Imaging and as far as I know, it
is not (yet) implemented in PostgreSQL.

Best regards,
Chris

At 02:51 +0900 02/14/2002, Osamu Ninagi wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I want to know the use of the transaction files in "pg_xlog".
>My concern is REDO such as ORACLE do.
>The following is our recovery method. I don't know whether it's possible
>or not.
[snip]

--
Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre